Monday 12 August 2013

I Can See You Naked

Actually, I cannot see you naked. Many presenters say that in order to overcome the fear of presenting imagine your audience to be naked. The honest fact is that this has never worked for me and a number of great presenters I have met agree with me on this.

What has worked for me and others is the IKO of a Great Presenter. In fact, the most crucial part of IKO being the I. This I being the Inner Self.  It means to always focus on creating and managing a positive mind-set. In other words the way you think and feel has a dramatic effect on your delivery.

By creating such a state you overcome the state of fear. When you are in a state of fear ask yourself two crucial questions:
  • What do you achieve by being in this state of fear? 
  • What do you achieve by not being in this state of fear?
There are pay-offs in both cases. The person who asks these questions to himself/herself will get a greater understanding of their emotional state by answering these two crucial questions. When doing this exercise remember to take pen to paper and jot your thoughts.
Once you are able to dig deep into your emotional state by asking these questions you then have to make a decision in which emotional state you would like to be in.  Would you like to be in an emotional state of fear, anxiety, worry or strong self-esteem, confidence and inner belief.

At end of the day what you will really see naked is the fear that could have sabotage your delivery.


1 comment: