It is important when attracting the right candidates the job description, job profile and job advertisement needs to follow the "CORE" principles:
- Communicate to the candidate the essential and desirable attributes for the role
- Organisation information is present in terms of structure, size and future outlook that the candidate needs to know
- Role clearly defines and outlines to the candidate specific responsibilities
- Ensure all relevant information to be clear and realistic
The ultimate goal is to find the right candidate for the role and the organisation. So, it does not matter if you go for an active or a passive candidate. Ask some key important questions when attracting candidates:
- What companies would currently employ my ideal candidate?
- Will the ideal candidate be in the local market or will I need to look nationally and internationally?
- What kind of professional organisation might the ideal candidate be a part of?
- What kind of publications might the ideal candidate read?
- What kind of internet sites might the ideal candidate visit on a regular basis?
- What kind of social groups might the ideal candidate be part of?